Monday, December 8, 2014

Scrappy Sixteen Finished

Binding this bright 16-patch quilt has been the perfect antidote for a cold, wet, gray winter day.  
Well, that, and pretty much any music this artist, Michael of Cologne, Germany, uploads to SoundCloud under his user name, relaxdaily.  I know, I usually listen to a ton of rock, soul, and funky stuff, but this guy's music is great for work or home when you just want to roll from one calming instrumental to the next. I've been sort of on that kind of jag for a couple days now.

Anyway, quilt:  I finished it in a neutral diagonal stripe from the April Showers collection by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.  Michelle had gifted me a half yard of this, and it was perfect!
These dreary days do not lend themselves to quilt photography, but I think I managed to get an adequate representation.
It may have looked better sprawled on the lawn in August than on my bed in December, but we work with what we have.
Here's a glimpse of the backing, seen on the left in the photo above.

This is one of two quilts I recently got back from my local longarm quilter, Sandy.  I really like the curvy all-over design she chose for this.
More bright binding to come.  I'm about to start on the second quilt this afternoon.

8 comments:

Lara B. said...

This shows us how a simple pattern can look so great when you use amazing fabrics! Love your quilt Paulette! Perfect choice for the binding too!

beth s said...

I love it!

Sarah Craig said...

I love a sixteen-patch, and yours is so beautifully colorful!!

Elizabeth said...

So pretty! I love the bright colors and your corners match so perfectly. Stripey binding is my favorite! Yay you!

xo -E

Barb Neiwert said...

That's so much fun! Great in every way.

Hazel said...

I like looking at the fabrics used together, and they help me get ideas of the ways that fabric look good next to each other.

Michelle said...

Such a happy quilt! I love the bright colors. So glad the fabric I sent worked as the binding. It looks fantastic!

Did a bit of quilting on the butterfly quilt last weekend. A friend of mine pointed out that people are actually more productive when they take a day off. So I did!

Kim said...

Your beautiful and colourful quilt will shoo the dreariest day away!