Monday, June 3, 2013

Housekeeping

I'm doing a little housekeeping around the blog.  I guess I'm supposed to do this claiming thing for Bloglovin'.  Here goes.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

I also added "Follow me with Bloglovin'" button on the right sidebar, as well as a Pinterest icon. 

Across the top of the page, I have started to add some tabs, "About" and "Tutorials," for now.  I will add one or more for other things later, such as quilts and flimsies.

You have no idea how long all this tech fussing took me today.  Good thing I didn't have to work until this evening, is all I'm sayin'.

I've been using Feedly some, and now I will try and compare the Bloglovin' reader, but in all honesty, I'm know I'm going to miss the heck out of Google Reader.  I'll be hanging on until the bitter end with GR.

Also a heads up that I'm going to start banging up a tutorial for the Four-Lily Block this week, as promised in my Blogger's Quilt Festival post.  I hope you'll join me for that.  Sharpen your pencils!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Um, I think I was supposed to tell you how to do pages, wasn't I? Oops!

I get sucked into fiddling around with perfecting all the details too. I'm off to check out your tutorials page :D. I know you have some good ones that I might have missed pinning.

xo -E

JustForDaisy said...

It's all looking great! :) Look forward to having a better look around your blog! :) Thanks for leaving your comment on my tutorial! :)

Michelle said...

Even with all the "easy" apps getting the blog just right always takes way more time than I ever expect. But hey, yours looks great! The tabs are very cool!

Dumb question.... Is Google Reader going away?

Pinterest! I was supposed to send you my link. D'oh. Well you haven't missed anything, since I haven't really begun using it yet. I keep telling myself, "all in due time."

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Looks good!
I use Bloglovin' and it seems to be acceptable.

Anonymous said...

I use The Old Reader now. It's the closest thing I could find to Google Reader. I tried bloglovin' and feedly, but they didn't feel right.

beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com