Sunday, October 30, 2011

Glove Love

Duuuuuuuude...

Check this out!

I was thinking about those skeleton gloves Norm was wearing yesterday, thinking about how the first time I grabbed his hand to hold it as we were walking, the palms of the gloves felt tacky.  He said that's because they were football receiver gloves, so they had this grip surface on the palms.  Whatever dude, I thought.
  
So tonight I'm getting ready to practice some free-motion quilting when all of a sudden—


"Can I see your gloves?" I asked.

"Sure."
 
I tried them on.  They were a perfect fit.  I felt the tacky surface again.  It was like the underside of a Supreme Slider, the part that sticks to your machine.

"Mind if I borrow these for a bit?"  He didn't mind. I took them down to my sewing room.

Duuuu-huuu-huuude!!  Those gloves are awesome for quilting!

I feel like I have even more control and dexterity than when I wear my Machingers.  They're very lightweight, and I like the Velcro wristband a lot more than an elastic cuff.

And check this out:  They even come in pink!

He got his at Walmart a couple weeks ago (and yes, he still had the package tag).  Said there were several styles and colors.  I hope they still have some left!

7 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I think the skeleton ones look cool quilting! I had bought some yard gloves that did the trick, but the gloves were a little big. Will have to look for these next weekend when I go to wally world again. Thanks for the tip!

Shay said...

Brilliant idea P! Love the thinking outside the square.

I think those gloves suit you- but they would look gorgeous in pink.

Elizabeth said...

That is SO awesome! I'm all over those pink ones! Thanks for the terrific tip!

BTW, your swirl practice is looking awesome :D!

xo -E

Sara said...

You got the brains my friend!!! And the gloves---he,he,he!!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Major re-purpose! Nice FMQ:)

Michelle said...

I've been meaning to get some gloves. Thanks for the tip!

Karen said...

Ok, I thought he was emulating that character on 'Storage Wars' but those gloves are so made for quilting! Perfect