Friday, April 30, 2010

What's Up...and Down


Anyone know what this is?

That's not a trick question; I really would like to know.

I thought it was called bejuga or begosa or some other strange b-word, but Google has no idea what the horticulture I'm talking about.

Anyway, it's pretty. It grows on the north side of the house where there is not much light due to the neighbor's shrubbery. Looks like something likes it as much as I do, judging from the chewed up leaves.

And more tulips came up!

This, however, came down:

We were talking about taking it out anyway. Mother Nature took care of it for us yesterday. It was really windy.

My Dresden plate test sample number two worked out last night. No pictures because it was just out of icky scraps. I'm ready to cut out and sew a proper one now.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a pretty, pretty flower. :-) And no I don't have any idea what it is. If it were and indoor plant, I'd guess African violet, but that's obviously not the case.

Hopefully, removing what remains of the birdhouse is not a big job.

Can't wait to see your Dresden!

Sarah Craig said...

Is it a begonia? Just a guess. Looking forward to seeing your Dresden plate block!

Shay said...

I feel like these grow in Australia like weeds. I think I have one in my yard. However I am not a gardener so I can't help at all. Wouldn't it be cool if Goggle allowed you to input images instead of words to do a search?

Good Luck with finding out what it is!

GaAm said...

I know what it is. It's a very pretty, fuschia, flowering bush-type thing. Seriously. I looked up in "Joy's Complete Book of Flowering Plants for the Horticulturally Challenged." It's on page 8,542,911 under "What the Heck is That?" Lovely photo. Can't wait to see the quilt.

I have had no time for anything creative this week. Maybe next week.